Thursday, December 10, 2015

Electronic Media Production II

Electronic Media Production is a class to help learn different ways of using the media to get yourself out in the world but it can also help down the line in terms of jobs or getting information out for a job. This class has taught me a lot and has introduced me to different ways of doing thing whether it is for a class project or for a future job. Every project has shown the class how things work behind scenes or a newer, more up to date way of doing things. This class has been fun.

Twitter is an online social networking service that enables users to send and read short 140-character messages called tweets. In the interview with 60 Minutes Jack disclosed how he came up the idea of the 140 characters. Twitter is used in all aspects of from sports to jobs to restaurants. It has become such a mainstream in everyday life because it is a quick and easy to find information in different fields. Teams use it to update fans on their team while news station use it to give update on the latest news.

My twitter page is Willie_Beamen7 and my last tweet was this morning and it said "Thanking God for waking me up this morning and blessing me with another day to live". A couple of pages I follow are NFL Access, ESPN College Football, and NBA to keep up with whats going on in the sports world.

LinkedIn after you create an account you connect with people and get yourself out there on the market in the professional world. Connecting with other people and big businesses will allow them to see your profile and learn about you. Big businesses have started asking for your LinkedIn account to check your profile for hiring. It is so popular because it is a unlimited door to different opportunities and connections. Also it is a faster way to get some exposure in the professional field.

For young professionals businesses have switched and have started asking for your LinkedIn instead of a resume so its important to have it in case they ask for it. Also people you are connected with can refer you to businesses looking to hire. My Linkedin isn't as professional as I want it but I plan on improving it so it can be more professional. 

Prezi is a more stylish and up to date way to do a powerpoint. If you have to do a powerpoint and you want to impress your audience use prezi. I used prezi for a class project on my Top 10 Favorite NBA Players. Its a lot of fun to use and its easier then powerpoint. I like everything about it. I will use this in the future. Here is my prezi i created:




One of the projects we had to do was a Green Screen Quick Takes. Basically we has to record a video and take over the video describing what was going on in the video. I took three sports highlights and used a application called picture in a picture. I learned how to use this for future projects and how to do picture in a picture. This application can be used to cover news, sporting events, just for fun, or for future projects. Here is my Green Screen Quick Takes:


The final project we had to do for this class was create a kioza presentation on a topic of our choice. Kioza is a site where you put together a slide show of pictures and design it how you want. It can be used to put a slide show together for work or a family reunion. Basically you upload your pictures and put them how you want them and add any animations or effects you want. I like how you can set up your slide show how you want. I use kioza to make a slide show of the K.W. Green Student Center on South Carolina State Campus. Here is my kioza presentation:




As the semester comes to a close, this class has taught me a lot and has empowered me to use these applications in everyday life and for my professional career. For my dream job of being a broadcaster for ESPN I know I will use these applications to cover sports. This class has been a blast and I have a enjoyed every class. Special thanks to my instructor Mr Harwood!!

  (This is a photo of the our class, Mr Harwood, and Dr Rahman)

















No comments:

Post a Comment